Controlling dry hair is a problem for many people. It curls, tangles, breaks, and usually has split ends. Dry hair can result from heredity, but also from poor care. Do not despair: here are 7 treatments that your dry hair will appreciate.
The hair is born in the hair follicle. The hair stream reaches this hair follicle with the elements that nourish the hair, and the fat that lubricates the hair is supplied by the sebaceous glands. The problem is that we often attempt against that balance.
The outer layer of the hair, the cuticle, suffers erosions due to the chemical treatments we apply to it : straightening, perms, discolorations … The hair dries out and loses shine because the capillary fat that covers it is devastated by external abrasive agents. However, with the following treatments for your dry hair you can help it recover.
Treatments that your dry hair will appreciate
Table of Contents
1. Argan oil
This oil is obtained from the dried fruits of the argan tree. The fruit of this tree is dried in the sun, the seed is extracted manually and cold pressed. The result is a light golden oil with a mild smell, which is why it is called “the gold of the desert.”
Argan oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate, as it helps it regain shine and moisture . Can be applied directly to hair in moderation.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate. The saturated fats that compose it are an ideal nutrient to restore moisture and shine lost by chemicals and extreme temperatures. In addition, it favors hair growth.
- This oil can be used together with the conditioner after washing or in styling creams. It can also be applied directly to the scalp that suffers from chronic dryness.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your fingertips and gently massage the entire head.
3. Sesame oil
Pressed and crushed sesame seeds release a highly prized oil in cosmetics that can be used as a home hair treatment.
- Take a few drops of oil (depending on the length of your hair), apply it to dry hair and massage it with gentle movements for a few minutes. Then wash as usual.
- Use this oil at least once a week.
4. Peanut or peanut oil
- 3 cups peanuts, shelled (450 g)
- 3 tablespoons of warm water (45 ml)
- Soak the peanuts until you can remove the shell.
- Put the peanuts in the blender with the three tablespoons of water.
- Process at full speed until you get a cream.
- Take it to the fridge for a day. The oil will separate from the peanut mix.
- Nourish the ends of the hair with the oil and, if you wish, salt the rest to obtain homemade peanut butter.
5. Avocado and wheat germ oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 ml)
- Crush the avocado in the blender with the wheat germ oil.
- Apply this cream on the hair and let it act for about 15 minutes.
- Remove it with enough water.
- Ideally, you should apply the mask once a week.
6. Egg, milk and roses
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of liquid milk (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- (15 ml)
- Beat the egg with a whisk and add the milk and rose water.
- If the mixture is very liquid, you can add two more tablespoons of powdered milk. Combine the ingredients well.
- Distribute the preparation throughout your hair.
- Let the mask work for 20 minutes.
7. Banana and almond oil
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of almond oil (125 ml)
- Crush the banana or plantain and add the almond oil.
- Mix until you get a creamy paste.
- Apply this cream on the scalp.
- Let it act for 20 minutes.
Additional tips to take care of your dry hair
Applying any of these treatments or masks will not be enough if you do not provide other care to your dry hair. Having hair of this type does not have to limit you when it comes to wearing a beautiful and healthy mane.
Remember the following recommendations for hair:
- Avoid washing your hair every day .
- Drink enough water a day.
- Use products suitable for your hair type.
- Avoid excessive use of hair dryers and irons.
- Avoid applying products that contain alcohol or excessive perfumes.
- Take care of your diet. The health of your hair benefits when you consume everything your body needs.