To repair damaged hair, patience is needed above all. No product (chemical or natural) can offer an instant result , however much it claims. And although they can offer some improvement at the moment, only their constant use and the implementation of various cares will help achieve the desired goal.
Since hair is one of the most striking attributes of people, it is important to know how to care for it in order to look good. Below we will recommend 5 natural remedies to repair damaged hair.
5 remedies to repair damaged hair
Table of Contents
Whether it’s due to excess dyeing, inappropriate shampoos, flat irons, or even sunlight, hair can deteriorate. Two of the most characteristic features of this problem are lack of brightness and dryness . Additionally, this is accompanied by weakness.
On the other hand, as a study published in Dermatology Practical & Conceptual points out , the deficiency of some nutrients can lead to damage to the hair structure and problems of excessive fall.
So, before trying any treatment, you must review habits and diet, trying to reduce exposure to those factors that damage the hair. From this, then, we can try some external products to revitalize it. In this case, we reveal some natural alternatives.
1. Avocado, honey and egg mask
Avocado is a food rich in essential nutrients. According to information in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition , it provides proteins, fatty acids, minerals and antioxidant substances, such as vitamins C and E. For this reason, it is our main ingredient in this hair mask.
On the other hand, as compiled by a publication in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology , honey is a source of proteins and amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other minor components that provide dermatological benefits. Thus, combined with avocado and egg, it helps us to show revitalized hair.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons of honey (30 g).
- 1 egg yolk
- First of all, you must mix all the ingredients in a container.
- Make sure that the paste resulting from the mixture is homogeneous.
- Apply the mixture to all hair after shampooing.
- Leave to act for thirty minutes. Then, remove with plenty of cold water.
2. Cream of olive oil and mayonnaise cream
Natural plant-based oils are beneficial products for repairing damaged hair . Olive oil, in particular, contains healthy fats that help moisturize and seal hair cuticles.
In this case, we combine it with mayonnaise and egg to obtain a more complete home treatment. You can use it twice a week for best results.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (10 g).
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (20 g).
- 1 egg (60 g).
- Mix the mayonnaise and oil in a bowl.
- Next, add the egg. Stir well to integrate everything.
- Apply the mixture to clean hair and leave it on for twenty minutes.
- Then remove the mixture with plenty of water.
3. Egg yolk and olive oil mask
Dry and damaged hair tends to split when trying to untangle it. The knots are insufferable and prevent wearing a beautiful mane. But with this mask of egg yolk and olive oil , the knots will go away and also, you can hydrate the hair naturally.
- 1 egg (60 g).
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (30 g).
- Crack the egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- In a bowl, mix the yolk with the olive oil.
- Wet your hair and apply the mixture.
- Leave to act for at least 20 minutes.
4. Castor oil and soybean oil
Castor oil is common among hair home remedies , not only because it helps make it easy to manage again, but because it strengthens and reduces breakage , as data suggests in research published in the International Journal of Trichology .
- 1 tablespoon of soybean oil (10 g).
- 3 tablespoons of castor oil (30 g).
- Put both ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat and, once the oils begin to ‘cook’, remove them from the heat. they should not reach the boiling point.
- Let cool slightly at room temperature, and apply to the entire scalp with a gentle massage. The hair should be slightly moistened.
- Wrap your hair in a towel or cap and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Comb hair slowly before removing with warm water.
5. Almond oil, honey and egg mask
If you not only have damaged hair but you have split ends, you can resort to this natural mask often to restore health and beauty to your mane . All the ingredients are highly hydrating and, in addition, provide softness and shine.
- 3 tablespoon of almond oil (30 g).
- 1 teaspoon of honey (5 g).
- 1 whole egg (60 g).
- Add all the ingredients simultaneously in a bowl with space to stir.
- Mix all the ingredients until they have a homogeneous composition.
- Then apply it on the hair and leave it to act for twenty minutes.
- Then you can rinse by removing the residue with cold water.
Remember that remedies to repair damaged hair do not have an instantaneous effect and must be used regularly. On the other hand, they must be combined with other measures, in order to recover the mane properly. So, make sure you eat healthy, drink water and use the appropriate products for your mane.