If, in addition to using this mask, we include onion in our diet, we will enhance its effects and achieve stronger and more vigorous hair, and, in turn, we will avoid the appearance of premature gray hair.
Are you noticing that your hair is weak? Does your mane no longer have the density of a few years ago? This nourishing onion mask will help you regain healthy and beautiful hair!
Factors such as stress, the use of dyes or the simple passage of time determine the state of the hair. Seeing how we are falling is something that can generate anxiety and low self-esteem .
Do not worry. It is always possible to recover the vitality of the hair through adequate techniques and small changes in our routine. Today, in our space, we want to invite you to try a wonderful remedy: a nourishing onion-based mask .
Benefits of onion for hair
Are you worried that your hair will smell like an onion? There are techniques to prevent this from happening, and the effort is worth it. The use of a nourishing onion mask is a classic and effective remedy.
In fact, the potential of onion as a home remedy against hair loss has been scientifically studied.
In 2002, the ” Journal of Dermatology ” published an interesting study examining its use to treat alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that occurs with hair loss in small areas).
The experimental subjects applied onion juice twice a day and, after three months, the growth in these areas was positive.
However, we explain the reasons why onion is good for our hair.
1. Onion is rich in sulfur
The active ingredients in sulfur are very effective in repairing hair that is aged or damaged due to dyes or other chemicals:
- It favors the blood circulation in the scalp and provides the hair follicles with stimulating and adequate nutrition to make it grow stronger.
- Our body needs sulfur to synthesize proteins , so through this nourishing onion mask we are going to ensure that the scalp can reactivate this process.
2. Onion has antibacterial properties
Day by day the scalp and the hair itself store toxins and waste: from simple sebum to dandruff and remains of lacquers, dyes, etc.
- The function of sulfur is also the detoxification or elimination of these elements.
- The onion very effectively treats any infection of the scalp . These vegetables are very rich in an enzyme called catalase , a type of antioxidant that can prevent premature aging ( gray and weakened hair ).
Nourishing onion mask
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- A bowl
- A spoon
- A plastic cap
- The first thing we will do is peel and clean the onion, and then cut it into smaller pieces.
- The easiest way to obtain your juice to make our nutritious onion mask is by using the blender. So, pass it through this kitchen robot and get the liquid from the vegetable when it is processed.
- Pour the juice into the bowl you have prepared and add those 25 grams of honey. Mix well with the help of a spoon and reserve.
- To apply the mask, moisten your hair with warm water (never hot).
- Now go applying the mask on your hair, impregnating the scalp well with a suitable revitalizing massage. Put on the plastic cap and allow this remedy to work for half an hour.
- After that time, rinse well and then apply a good nourishing shampoo that smells good (rose water, for example, can reduce the smell of onion).
- The ideal is to perform this remedy two to three times a week before going to sleep . The next day, if you notice that your hair smells like onion or you feel uncomfortable, you can give yourself another gentle wash.
However, if you complement the treatment with the use of a good shampoo, you should not have a bad smell .
Remedies against hair loss
- Rosemary water . It is enough to infuse 3 sprigs of rosemary with 300 ml of water (1 glass and a half). We do a deep massage with this water and allow it to act 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- The apple cider vinegar also promotes hair growth.
- Using castor oil can keep hair healthy, shiny and strong.
Enjoy this nourishing onion hair mask!