Hair loss is one of the most common cosmetic problems. It can have various causes and, in many cases, there is some influence of stress and anxiety.
A person loses about 100 hairs from his head per day and in most people those hairs grow back. But hair is also lost as we age. We can also lose it if you suffer from diseases such as: thyroid, diabetes or lupus. If we take certain medicines or are taking chemotherapy for cancer, we can also lose hair. Other causes include: stress, a low protein diet, family history, or poor nutrition. MedlinePlus Experts Warn
Leaving aside its possible trigger factor, it is clear that for many it is necessary to tackle this problem in the best possible way.
In response to this need, various hair care products and cosmetic treatments have been developed, which have extracts of natural ingredients in their formulas, such as honey, for example.
There are also some homemade formulas that can contribute to hair health , while stopping hair loss.
Home remedies to control hair loss
The sage can become a good ally to stimulate healthy hair growth and pace, slowing his fall. Eye, you should only apply it on hair that goes from brown to black, since sage tends to darken them.
- 1 tablespoon of sage (10 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water until it boils and add the tablespoon of sage.
- Let the decoction run for 10 minutes and allow it to sit for another 5 minutes.
- Apply to hair and scalp and let dry. No need to rinse.
2. Aloe vera juice
One of the unknown benefits of aloe vera has to do with hair health. Its moisturizing properties and repairing compounds help improve the health of the scalp to stimulate growth and regenerate its structure. In addition, its regular application reduces the impact of UV rays and prevents dandruff.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (14 g)
- Extract two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it with one tablespoon of olive oil in the blender.
- Apply this juice all over the scalp and leave it to act for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Carrot juice and coconut milk
This hair treatment provides the antioxidants and vitamins B6 and B12 of the carrot to the hair to stimulate its healthy growth and accelerate its repair. The coconut milk has an important nutritional value that has been used for years in the cosmetics industry to develop beauty products for skin and hair.
- ½ cup of carrot juice (125 ml)
- ½ cup coconut milk (125 ml)
- Mix the two ingredients in a container until you obtain a homogeneous liquid.
- Apply the remedy all over the hair and let it act for at least 15 minutes.
The egg contains sulfur and other minerals such as phosphorus, selenium and zinc , which strengthen the hair and slow down the fall. Combined with a little olive oil, its effects can be enhanced to hydrate it and alleviate other common problems such as split ends and dryness.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (14 g)
- Pour the egg white into a suitable container, add the tablespoon of olive oil and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Spread all the hair and scalp with the mixture and cover with a cap. Leave on for 20 minutes before rinsing.
5. onion juice
Onion is a source of sulfur compounds that stimulate the blood circulation of the scalp, thus promoting hair growth. In addition, it has antibacterial properties that help fight the microorganisms that cause this disorder and conditions such as dandruff .
- Put an onion in a blender to get its juice.
- Massage the scalp with the liquid and leave it to act for about 30 minutes.
It is important to consider that its odor is pungent, which is why it should be rinsed with plenty of water and shampoo after the recommended time. Repeat two to three times a week for good results against hair loss.
The application of these home remedies must be accompanied by the maintenance of good life habits, since without these, it is difficult to recover the health of the hair. Keep in mind that food plays a key role in this.